Saturday, July 21, 2007

Welcome new blogger, Dr. Mellifluus

Doctor Mellifluus

I recently had a brief conversation with a distinguished and sagacious saint, Bernard of Clairvaux, Abbot and Doctor of the Church. He graciously agreed to guest blog his answers to questions, as well as his general observations, under the name "Doctor Mellifluus", by which he is known throughout the Universal Church.

I had a couple of my own questions.

Fallen Sparrow: Thank you Doctor, for gracing the blogosphere with your presence. You're in Heaven; how's the connection up there?

Dr. Mellifluus: It's very good, in fact. Isidore of Seville was finally able to convince St. Peter to let him install wi-fi at The Venerable Bean, Catherine of Siena's internet café recently; you cannot begin to imagine the crowds that line up there all day long. Of course, the Dominicans are in there all the time, chattering, so it's a bit raucous sometimes; but what can I do? We still only have dial-up at the Abbey; it keeps the brothers focused on prayer and not on chatting. They'd spend all their time spamming jokes to Philip Neri and sending smilies to Teresa of Avila, who's a bit of what you on Earth would call a "rock star." But I digress; I don't get to talk much, so sometimes I effuse a bit.

FS: I can only imagine. Don't worry about it. You've named a couple of your friends; who else is up there?


Dr. M.: I'm not really at liberty to discuss that. It's a privilege issue, according to our legal department.












St. Thomas More, Esq.


FS: Top secret, eh, Doctor? Legal department? You have lawyers up there?

Dr. M.: Yes, we have a few lawyers, believe it or not. You can't even imagine what all else goes on up here. Believe me, though, when I tell you, you'd be, how would you say it, "blown away" if you saw it. (Bell begins ringing in background). Oh, that means it's time for sext, so I have to go now.

FS: Thank you, Doctor, for your time.

Dr. M.: My pleasure.


****

The Doctor will be periodically dispensing his wisdom and advice, along with that of his friends, for the benefit of the Church Militant.

No comments: